Console Spawning penguins out of no where?

Lindykwoo

Terrarian
I'm new to Terraria so I'm not sure if this is some sort of glitch. I was exploring an underground cave when I went to break a vase and a penguin popped up out of nowhere. I thought maybe I just hadn't seen it there as it was dark and partially under water but when I swung again another popped up. It only works when I swing the pickaxe, as I tried my other tools with no results. Is there something causing this that I'm missing or is it simply a glitch? :)

I'm new to Terraria so I'm not sure if this is some sort of glitch. I was exploring an underground cave when I went to break a vase and a penguin popped up out of nowhere. I thought maybe I just hadn't seen it there as it was dark and partially under water but when I swung again another popped up. It only works when I swing the pickaxe, as I tried my other tools with no results. Is there something causing this that I'm missing or is it simply a glitch? :)
It sounds like you've accidentally activated the critter glitch which happens when you swap bait/critters with an item in your inventory, save, swap them back, save. Then when you use the item in mid-air, it spawns the bait/critter.

If you move your item to an empty spot in your inventory, that should stop it from spawning critters. If it still spawns them, move the item into a chest, close it, then take the item out again.

To avoid the glitch, try to not swap items in inventory, but instead move items into an empty inventory spot.

I'm on the Xbox 1. I did have a penguin in my inventory upon loading this world but I haven't saved it since starting. It does it rather I'm standing, jumping or digging. Doesn't matter if I move up or dig further down as long as I don't move too far left or right they still pop up. :)

Thanks for the info, interesting to know!
[doublepost=1500605514,1500604941][/doublepost]Here's a clearer one.

Attachments

• 1500604893601.jpg
    1500604893601.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_2017-07-20-21-49-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-20-21-49-34.png
    367.1 KB · Views: 106
Huh. I could've sworn that glitch was only on mobile.
...come to think of it, this must be what happened to me whe I was spawning truffle worms with my red wrench! It only happened when I used it on wire that was already there, though...
Very intresting!

Yup, this is pretty common, there is an entire video dedicated on how to even do this, I'll try to find it.

The problem is the item drop chances in solar eclipse its CRAZY got hallow key mold 2 broken hero swords deathsickle and a broken bat wing is that a glitch or what!

The problem is the item drop chances in solar eclipse its CRAZY got hallow key mold 2 broken hero swords deathsickle and a broken bat wing is that a glitch or what!
You just got lucky, because those aren't common drops.

Back
Top Bottom