New Water Physics, Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The underwater distortion is especially cool. Here's hoping that some day, you can splash water from one place to another. And that moisture draws upwards grass and dirt blocks to drop like in the image, but not so easily on stone. And that once water has hit that block, it gets a wetness percent that eventually dries out if allowed by the circumstances, drips away or transfers its water downward.

Of course, this would be easier for a sequel with higher system requirements.

Curiosity has gotten the better of me...
  1. Does the update break infinite liquid / liquid duplication methods?
  2. Do lava and honey also get some physics updates?
Also wondering what could be super secret. Must be something quite large or oft-desired to be worthy of such secrecy. Will it be a secret until release? Any chance of a hint? :)

For anyone worried about performance, there's multiple levels of quality (Off, Low, Medium, and High). So you can pick the one that fits your system best.
Well that's good. Maybe I can experience it with my bad computer. If not, then I can move on without it and have no issues playing. Thanks, team!

This looks great! Will this also apply to other liquids? I think it could use a little work in general, but this will be a small, yet AMAZING addition to the game! All these new effects, such as the vignette effects of the sandstorm and blizzard events, and the new heatwave effect in hell and the desert add some real nice atmosphere to the game!
[doublepost=1476232640,1476232448][/doublepost]
Is it really a super secret update if you tell us about it?
I'm assuming that this isn't the secret part of the update :3 (sorry for double post)

I think I already know the answer, but just to be clear, does this have any practical effect? For example could water ever spill out of a container due to the waves from the player jumping in it?

A change of water. Maybe the next update will be THE OCEAN UPDATE! :)

Hopefully it will include a tsunami event but I doubt it because of there April fools joke. ;(

That looks pretty amazing!

Question; Is the water actually moving, or is that just a neat graphic effect? As in, could it spill over if an entity enters with enough velocity?

Also why in the :red: is it that even though I check the forums as soon as I get home from school I swear I never new update things like this until way later like why
I think I already know the answer, but just to be clear, does this have any practical effect? For example could water ever spill out of a container due to the waves from the player jumping in it?

Thats what I was wondering as well. xD

I'd FIGURE it's only a graphical effect. The devs are probably playing with distortion effects, which would explain the new block breaking effect and heat distortion.

Hey @Skiphs, great job with these new water physics man! I have a small suggestion, to go in line with the new settings you will be adding for these water physics. Since you are adding options to turn off, or reduce the effects of this, why not do the same for the heat distortion effects in the desert and the underworld? It would not only give us better performance, if one happened to have a potato for a computer, and it would also give us more options to customize the visual effect in Terraria! Please take this into consideration, I hope this isn't an impossibly difficult request!

Will this mean more loading? :v
Curiosity has gotten the better of me...
  1. Does the update break infinite liquid / liquid duplication methods?
  2. Do lava and honey also get some physics updates?
Also wondering what could be super secret. Must be something quite large or oft-desired to be worthy of such secrecy. Will it be a secret until release? Any chance of a hint? :)
I don't think it will mean more loading. Same goes to duplicationg liquids. It is just only effect, your worlds do and will still save valuages of water same way.

It's good, how you improved quality of life in the game.

But why 1.3.4 super-hyper-mega secret update? It's very big or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom