Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toxicity, arguments and negative opinions are not being shown/stated because of any of those reasons you've given

It doesn't matter if you're young, old, casual, Hardcore, PC, Console/Mobile user

What makes people complain and show negativity towards things like delays, bugs, general issues is the fact that those people have passion

They have so much passion for this game that when they feel let down they feel the need to vent that frustration, whether it be verbally or written as in the TCF forums

If no one cared or wasn't so passionate about the game you wouldn't be seeing the hate, anger, negative posts and overall general upset towards Pipeworks and other TCF users

That being said, I really hope for a early Q4 release too and I think that's something we can all agree on

while that may be true in some cases, passion is not always the cause for toxicity... some people just want to see the world burn, and enjoy upsetting others who DO have passion for such things.

i'm certainly passionate about terraria, but i'm also willing to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to a new group of people who had to pick up a bit of a mess and completely reconstruct it.

it can't be a very easy thing to do, i imagine it is the exact opposite.

and for now, i will have faith in pipeworks that they'll deliver a stable update... if re-logic has faith in them, i see no reason why i shouldn't.

I just want to know what version of 1.3 console is getting. Is it going to include all the other 1.3 patches like 1.3.1/1.3.2 etc? Or is it JUST 1.3?

I just want to know what version of 1.3 console is getting. Is it going to include all the other 1.3 patches like 1.3.1/1.3.2 etc? Or is it JUST 1.3?
This update will be roughly equivalent to 1.3.0.7 on PC, the rest should follow in a subsequent update.

Well looks like where going to need to wait a few more weeks but if 1.3 is going to look as beautiful as it does on the console then its worth it, btw Terraria devs can you fix split screen the characters are to zoomed out for me and my friend to play your game :(

implying that kids are the only troublemakers?

i've seen kids that are more mature than some adults... i mean, the supposedly "more mature" PC community seems far more toxic to me, from the kind of behavior i've experienced... it's one of the biggest reasons i stopped playing PC games ages ago.

not to mention i just don't wanna be associated with the whole origin of the "master race" thing, i absolutely refuse to tolerate such things, yet people keep saying "it's a joke", despite the way they use it NEVER sounding like a joke, really.

anyway, as for those points you made...

1. i stick to nintendo and sony because i love the games they have and have just had far better experiences with them.
2. i still find consoles far more affordable and comfortable than having to maintain a computer.
3. i play alone.
4. i don't see what that has to do with anything?

games are games... what you play on says nothing about whether you're casual or hardcore, since even PC gamers play the most casual of casual games.

also, i hardly consider PC "superior", they boast about more FPS... but that just makes some games look like they're being fast forwarded when they're going faster than they're meant to... i've seen plenty of games look completely wonky due to that kinda stuff.

not to mention there are so many variables, that even people with similar machines may have completely different experiences with some games.

either way, i just wish the whole thing would stop, cause it almost makes me sick of being part of the gaming community as a whole.

but if you wanna talk about this any further, we may as well take it to a PM or something, so we don't drag the topic off the rails.

Of course kids arent the only trouble makers...I'm not exactly an adult myself and I can say myself that I'm much less likely to rage of whatever on a COD server or whatever then some adults I've met in these games...also a lot more likely to stick with a team when trying to finish a difficult activity....

I'm a console gamer myself by the way. Just dont have the money to afford a PC. what I meant by how casual a gamer you are really only applies to competitive games such as R6 or whatever the other competitive shooters are...obviously applies to others but this is the main one that comes to mind. If you were attempting to be a pro league player or just a really competitive player you'd probably want to choose PC over console.

I've never been a fan of the "PC master race". Its pretty much just boasting that you have more money...

Toxicity, arguments and negative opinions are not being shown/stated because of any of those reasons you've given

It doesn't matter if you're young, old, casual, Hardcore, PC, Console/Mobile user

What makes people complain and show negativity towards things like delays, bugs, general issues is the fact that those people have passion

They have so much passion for this game that when they feel let down they feel the need to vent that frustration, whether it be verbally or written as in the TCF forums

If no one cared or wasn't so passionate about the game you wouldn't be seeing the hate, anger, negative posts and overall general upset towards Pipeworks and other TCF users

That being said, I really hope for a early Q4 release too and I think that's something we can all agree on

I was more talking about communities in games.

Trust me, half the people complaining dont love the game...they just love to complain....haters gonna hate I suppose.

Not a dig at this community by the way, just the way this seems to happen...the exact same as other forums I'm appart of...

Honestly I'm extremely happy that this update is coming out this soon. I remember back in 2015 I started waiting for this update and it never came out so I'm sure that I can wait a few weeks for it to come out...still gotta beat The Duke anyways so yall just keep yalls heads up. It's coming our way and I can gaurantee that this will be the best update that Terraria has had yet. Would yall rather have an update where it's glitchy af and horrible frame-rate? I didn't think so.

This community has always been free of the whiny entitlement I see in almost every other forum on the internet. To endorse the posting of such material just sets a bad precedent.
LOL, you apparently haven't been reading a lot of what I read every day, in all parts of the forum, for as long as this forum has been running and going back to TerrariaOnline.

Allowing negative opinions to be posted isn't endorsing them, it's acknowledging them. There's a difference.

If we 'hard moderated' and only allowed posts that exhibit positive thoughts and understanding, then we would basically be proving the naysayers to be right, and THAT would certainly be a bad precedent. People who have criticism should be heard as well, even if it's somewhat harsh. The line gets drawn when the criticism and comments - from either side - stray into personal attacks and vulgar expressions directed at members who have differing opinions. It is nearly impossible to change someone's strong opinion of a situation like this, and trying to do so rarely ends well. My goal is for the discussion to proceed in an orderly manner.

Again, very little of the reaction so far is surprising to Re-Logic or Pipeworks, and they can readily discern and discount the small portions that are 'out there' without further comment. Passion can certainly be a double-edged sword. It would be worse if few people cared one way or the other, from our viewpoint.

LOL, you apparently haven't been reading a lot of what I read every day, in all parts of the forum, for as long as this forum has been running and going back to TerrariaOnline.

Allowing negative opinions to be posted isn't endorsing them, it's acknowledging them. There's a difference.

If we 'hard moderated' and only allowed posts that exhibit positive thoughts and understanding, then we would basically be proving the naysayers to be right, and THAT would certainly be a bad precedent. People who have criticism should be heard as well, even if it's somewhat harsh. The line gets drawn when the criticism and comments - from either side - stray into personal attacks and vulgar expressions directed at members who have differing opinions. It is nearly impossible to change someone's strong opinion of a situation like this, and trying to do so rarely ends well. My goal is for the discussion to proceed in an orderly manner.

Again, very little of the reaction so far is surprising to Re-Logic or Pipeworks, and they can readily discern and discount the small portions that are 'out there' without further comment. Passion can certainly be a double-edged sword. It would be worse if few people cared one way or the other, from our viewpoint.

Good post.

Although I've expressed a form of negativity / criticism in this thread, the negativity has been light, aimed primarily at the concept of subsequent delays and minor criticisms have gone towards Pipeworks.

I haven't actually attacked Pipeworks or thrown abuse their way and I believe myself and others users are well within their rights to express their disappointment on the delays, in a civil manner at least.

Respecting the opinions and thoughts of others is crucial for discussion. That doesn't require users to agree with said opinions.

I have no issue with anybody who can handle the delays and remain fairly positive about them, just as they should understand that there are consumers who will feel let down by them.

Not everyone who shares some form of negativity is a troll, not everyone that manages to maintain a positive point of view is a drone / corporate shill.

I've loved Terraria since it launched on console way back and is one of the games I'll always recommend to friends / colleagues despite my issue with subsequent delays.

I'm not too pleased about a second delay but if that's what it takes for 1.3 I think I can wait (I can't I'm dead inside)
[doublepost=1506525950,1506525542][/doublepost]I'm sick of waiting. I don't want to sound like someone that's always whiny but this is so disapointing. Everyone can go back to playing something else like Minecraft or something.

'the "master race" thing'
There is not a master race because the two platforms cater to two different play styles. It's like saying Terraria is the same as an FPS, when they don't cater to the same type of gamer at all.

P.S. I am not saying you believe in the master race, I did in fact read the entirety of your post.
I hate waiting for updates to my favorite games but at least I have destiny 2 to play until my favorite game gets updated.
Hey, I've been playing that too!

Yes, I really didn’t understand why people think that people like me who have negative opinions or don’t like the delay are troublemaker. We haven’t attacked anyone at all but we are just trying express our views and everyone’s opinions are respected. I don’t get angry when I see someone with an opposing opinion and I don’t get why people want to get us off this forum because we are negative and these people think they are the good guys. Opinion does not = Fact. I have never said that anyone is wrong but I have (along with others) states my own opinion. Nobody here is right. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has an opinion and it should be respected. We should not attack each other because of opposing views. We can express our strong opinions if we want to

Let's be honest for a minute. The true master race is the Super Nintendo.
Crono trigger
Link to the past
Terranigma
Secret of mana
OG mario kart
Yoshi's island
Zombies ate my neighbors
FF6 (3)
Castlevania x
Mario paint
Literally dozens more I can't think of right now
Earthbound
Earthworm Jim
Come on people, nothing has ever come out that could match this lineup. The best you can do is emulate it.

Yes, I really didn’t understand why people think that people like me who have negative opinions or don’t like the delay are troublemaker. We haven’t attacked anyone at all but we are just trying express our views and everyone’s opinions are respected. I don’t get angry when I see someone with an opposing opinion and I don’t get why people want to get us off this forum because we are negative and these people think they are the good guys. Opinion does not = Fact. I have never said that anyone is wrong but I have (along with others) states my own opinion. Nobody here is right. There is no right or wrong. Everyone has an opinion and it should be respected. We should not attack each other because of opposing views. We can express our strong opinions if we want to

you know, if you're gonna refer to me, atleast be direct about it.

i also never told anyone to leave, how many times do i have to say that?

since when do questions = demands?

i'd ask the same kind of question if i came across a restaurant where some people who eat there every day do nothing but complain about the food... if they hate it, why would they keep coming back?

but apparently curiosity is against the rules, so i'll try to avoid asking questions from now on.

for there supposedly being an acceptance for expressing opinions, whenever i do so, it's against the rules, no matter how civil i'm being.

then when i try to just move on, other people keep bringing the stuff up, and i feel a natural desire to respond if only to clear some things up, which makes me wonder if someone is going to lop my head off at some point, because i'm blamed for "continuing to cause trouble".

despite that being the exact opposite of my intention. %:sigh:

Last edited:
Let's be honest for a minute. The true master race is the Super Nintendo.
Crono trigger
Link to the past
Terranigma
Secret of mana
OG mario kart
Yoshi's island
Zombies ate my neighbors
FF6 (3)
Castlevania x
Mario paint
Literally dozens more I can't think of right now
Earthbound
Earthworm Jim
Come on people, nothing has ever come out that could match this lineup. The best you can do is emulate it.
Terraria beats every one of those games. How's that for you lineup? Wait, hold on for a sec, someone else wants to talk to you.

"Really? Of all my games you pick Mario paint? For shame!..."
"Wait now I see Mario Kart, never mind."

P.S. If you were joking about this, than it's pretty funny. If not, then it's your opinion. Some of those games are good from what I've heard though.

I didn't have a problem with the negativity exactly. It was the justifications that bothered me.

Some posters came off extremely negative over the idea that they had been promised a timely release. I believe there never was a promise. I believe that no one is owed this update, regardless of what purchases they may have made. I believe no one has any right to hold the devs to task for disappointing their customers over either of these points.

The devs made a target release, and missed it. Then they missed it again. If any part of someone's life was affected by these delays enough to create long scathing responses on these forums, then I think their priorities need to be reevaluated. It's just a game.

I didn't have a problem with the negativity exactly. It was the justifications that bothered me.

Some posters came off extremely negative over the idea that they had been promised a timely release. I believe there never was a promise. I believe that no one is owed this update, regardless of what purchases they may have made. I believe no one has any right to hold the devs to task for disappointing their customers over either of these points.

The devs made a target release, and missed it. Then they missed it again. If any part of someone's life was affected by these delays enough to create long scathing responses on these forums, then I think their priorities need to be reevaluated. It's just a game.

Sure, console users aren't technically owed anything by the company and they're under no obligation to provide further support to consoles if they don't want too.

That being said, It'd be poor form.

With the older generation of consoles, it's understandable that they won't getting further support due to hardware / technical constraints.

With the current generation of consoles, they're more than capable of running the content that has been available on PC for a laughably long time.

I personally wouldn't have a hard time boycotting a developer / publisher if they refused to support a platform that they're capable of providing support for. Payday 2 devs come to mind.

You also need to take a step back and lay off the ad hominem mate.

People who are disappointed by the delays are 100% allowed to express that. I will admit that some people tend to go on as if the update will never come though which is rather asinine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom