Items you think are overrated?

legitimately so, yes. BUT there is a purpose for the game.:indifferent: I dunno, but this game is and was made with a purpose. This isn't minecraft. It's terraria.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449004723,1449004689][/DOUBLEPOST]after all, it is "my opinion"

Stating 'it's my opinion' in a quick effort to avoid certain words doesn't help your case:

WHY?!?!?! This game isn't about a badass factor (vanity items are for this purpose), it's all about fighting bosses and finding cool naturally made structures and progressing through the game. It took some people a while to learn this since vanity items came out, so what the hell is the point of the post?

That's not an opinion, that's stating it as if it is a fact.

Subsequently, I am only saying this fact to be incorrect for the sole reason that Terraria is a sandbox game. As in, the purpose of this game is what people make it out to be. Some people barely progress through the game and just build. It's not right to say that they're playing the game wrong when the number 1 tag on this game is 'sandbox'.

there is in "my opinion"
[DOUBLEPOST=1449011176,1449011060][/DOUBLEPOST]
Stating 'it's my opinion' in a quick effort to avoid certain words doesn't help your case:

That's not an opinion, that's stating it as if it is a fact.

Subsequently, I am only saying this fact to be incorrect for the sole reason that Terraria is a sandbox game. As in, the purpose of this game is what people make it out to be. Some people barely progress through the game and just build. It's not right to say that they're playing the game wrong when the number 1 tag on this game is 'sandbox'.
And you think that the game is "just a sandb.... you know what, screw it. I guess you're right? Eh, at this point i think i'm done. opinions. Nuffsaid

Well, you see, there is such a thing called tiers. Kind of why Terra Blade was outclassed in 1.3. Plus, you seem to forget that Terra Blade is meant for shaving down waves of enemies, while Death Sickle is meant for massive DPS.
You seem to be missunderstanding what I said, I'm simply saying that it doesn't do a good enough job for itself compared to the time/luck needed to obtain one. to get it one needs to fight at the minimum two mothrons almost always more, for an event with a rare chance of naturally occurring. By the time the player can manually summon the event, they will have advanced passed the tier where it is relevant. So unless you get lucky(and get an eclipse after all three mechs have died before plantera is killed)
From My experience the Deathsickle is more than efficient at crowd control and possesses the ability to hit through walls which is potent utility lacked by the Terra blade. Regardless it is also held back by the same flaws as the Terra blade though it has more longevity do to its far rarer ability to hit through walls.

Solar Eruption is the only true melee weapon in the post-plantera because of the spread. At long range, the projectile (?) will only hit like 2 or 3 times so the damage is very weak at long range. It's still a viable option for crowds.
As a melee player I can say the Solar Eruption is actually quite effective serving as a go to weapon for the lunar events due to its high dps and wall bypassing utility. It also is one of the best options for killing the Moonlord for melee and it is particularly effective in expert mode where arenas are mandatory.

As a melee player I can say the Solar Eruption is actually quite effective serving as a go to weapon for the lunar events due to its high dps and wall bypassing utility. It also is one of the best options for killing the Moonlord for melee and it is particularly effective in expert mode where arenas are mandatory.

That's what I said, it is like a Vilethorn for melee. It's main purpose is dealing with loads of enemies at once but is weaker on single enemies away from its range.
Look at the damage numbers at close range:
eo6ePrx.png

Now at long range:
pMBsZiY.png

In long range, the blade, flail, thing, solar eruption only hits the enemy three times per attack, while at close range, hlding the M1 button, it will deal damage six times per second.

I'm just going to be that one person that I believe everyone hates and say the Meowmere. Not only because I think the Terra Blade, the blade of Terraria would have been a much more suitable final weapon, but because the final broadsword in Terraria is based off a meme that's 5 years old or more by now. Don't get me wrong; references are okay, like the little subtle ones in other games, but once all the added content in updates is practically a reference to something else it begins to feel like some fangame where they add in whatever they want for :red:s and giggles.

Would have been better if it wasn't thrown in with the Moon Lord. To me it feels like everything people wanted, they just threw in with him.

I mean no disrespect of course, but... yeah.

I'm just going to be that one person that I believe everyone hates and say the Meowmere. Not only because I think the Terra Blade, the blade of Terraria would have been a much more suitable final weapon, but because the final broadsword in Terraria is based off a meme that's 5 years old or more by now. Don't get me wrong; references are okay, like the little subtle ones in other games, but once all the added content in updates is practically a reference to something else it begins to feel like some fangame where they add in whatever they want for :red:s and giggles.

Would have been better if it wasn't thrown in with the Moon Lord. To me it feels like everything people wanted, they just threw in with him.

I mean no disrespect of course, but... yeah.
Nope, I completely agree, although I still like Meowmere a lot, the Terra Blade is far superior.

I agree with Gawen here

A pink 5-year-old meme spamming sword deserves no place among the most powerful swords in-game. To be completely honest, the fact that the Terra Bade - the sword that is named after the game ffs - isn't the best sword in-game seems kinda dumb and irritates me. Especially when you consider one is that "thing" that shoots cats (no, I do not have enough respect for it to call it a sword). Star Wrath I don't have as much of an issue with, mostly because its actually cool. As for the Waver, I think it would be fine if the TBlade were stronger than it.

What have you done to the TBlade Red.. Why...

Why is everyone calling Meowmere the best sword? The Star Wrath actually deals more DPS, therefore it's the best sword.
The best sword isn't a meme - it's a highly requested upgrade from the absolutely most bestest loved a lot sword from the community.

I did not say the Meowmere was the best... melee weapon (I do not have enough respect for it to refer to it as a sword)..., I simply said it is among the best (in terms of DPS).

I did not say the Meowmere was the best... melee weapon (I do not have enough respect for it to refer to it as a sword)..., I simply said it is among the best (in terms of DPS).
Honestly I think there are WAY too many swords in terraria as it is... As a melee player who has consistently preferred spears boomerangs and flails 1.3 was very... disappointing... Swords are so simple minded to use it isn't as enjoyable as weapons like the light disks, Chlorophyte partisan,mushroom spear, paladin's hammer I mean even the old plain spears, just were more fun. I still have not forgiven relogic for not adding lunar tier spears boomerangs or true flails. moreover there are so many swords available at around the same time that most of them are useless... For instance why use a phase saber when say the frostbrand is easier to obtain (aka no mythril anvil needed) and the crystal shards can be far better spent? I mean just look up how many there are on the wiki...

You can actually look up weapon's DPS in the wiki (doesn't work for piercing weapons)
http://terraria.wiki.gg/List_of_weapons
Terra Blade loses in DPS to Meowmere, Star Wrath, Influx Waver and Flairon.

Whats your point here? I was stating that I dont like how the TBlade has less DPS than aforementioned weapons, and that it should have more. I was also stating that the Meowmere does not have the highest DPS of all melee weapons, I believe the Star Wrath beats it out. Sooo your post was kinda... pointless...?
[DOUBLEPOST=1449327391,1449326793][/DOUBLEPOST]
Honestly I think there are WAY too many swords in terraria as it is... As a melee player who has consistently preferred spears boomerangs and flails 1.3 was very... disappointing... Swords are so simple minded to use it isn't as enjoyable as weapons like the light disks, Chlorophyte partisan,mushroom spear, paladin's hammer I mean even the old plain spears, just were more fun.

Thats a whole new issue that I'd also have to agree with... I have always preferred spears because they usually had more DPS than swords because you could get 2 or 3 hits per attack. I demand 1.3.2 to have lunar/meme lard tier Spears, Boomerangs and Flails (For those saying "Daybreak and Eruption...?," the daybreak is technically a javelin and nobody really knows what the solar eruption is). But then (for any new pillar crafts) they'd get people complaining about the other pillars having a lack of items, which for most of them would be valid, but I dont know what else anybody would want from a stardust craft aside from maybe a new item that has +2 on the minion count.

Digressing is a fantastic art that I may or may not have mastered apparently.

Thats a whole new issue that I'd also have to agree with... I have always preferred spears because they usually had more DPS than swords because you could get 2 or 3 hits per attack. I demand 1.3.2 to have lunar/meme lard tier Spears, Boomerangs and Flails (For those saying "Daybreak and Eruption...?," the daybreak is technically a javelin and nobody really knows what the solar eruption is). But then (for any new pillar crafts) they'd get people complaining about the other pillars having a lack of items, which for most of them would be valid, but I dont know what else anybody would want from a stardust craft aside from maybe a new item that has +2 on the minion count.

Digressing is a fantastic art that I may or may not have mastered apparently.

I was thinking that the best solution would be to add drops to the Lunatic Cultist by adding two drops for each class which for Melee would be a Rune spear(a spear that fires alternating sinusoidal runes that change elemental effect with distance in a manner similar to the chlorophyte partisan and mushroom spear) and Runescythe a chakram type boomerang with ice and fire properties inspired by the mage chakrams from KOA, and the ice and fire attack patterns of the Lunatic cultist.
The same issue stands though for the other weapons though I'm thinking some dart weapon and a magical frost-flamethrower for ranged and I have an idea for magic weapons based on some of the cultists attacks, but I can't think of two summons (only the squid thing comes to mind) so I haven't posted the idea...

fossil armor. the extra damage is ok, but the terrible defense more than compensates for that. i tried using it, but i kept getting my entrails removed by anything stronger than a green slime. seriously, tungsten armor has more defense and is obtainable earlier. so you get a small damage bonus and chance to not consume thrown items. then you go into the dungeon, ready to pwn some skeletons, and you get killed in 3 hits by spikes. the damage bonus is minuscule too.

copper shortsword copper is hard and its the worst weapon in the game but copper is sharp why not a twig a twig would do that much damage

Oh yeah, I just remembered, the mana flower! In my opinion, this is one of the most overrated items out there. Even ignoring the fact that there's a hotkey that serves the same purpose, there's plenty of other ways to regenerate mana, like regen potions, magic cuffs, and, well, waiting. Sometimes I even hear people complain about how it's impossible to play as a magic user without one, but I rarely bother with the thing.

Back
Top Bottom