Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Water physics update that came with 1.3.4 :( was hoping that would be included but I can understand why it's not

Can't wait for those swishy water effects :p

I recommend following Pipeworks on Youtube to help stay up to date. They've been putting out some pretty cool videos to showcase their progress. The link below goes to 6:20 on their latest Terraria video and shows an updated lava flow mechanic. I don't know if it's as cool as PC is, since I can't compare directly and they don't play with it much, but it's something at least. :)

Now to go farm a few more Ocram masks and trophies.

I recommend following Pipeworks on Youtube to help stay up to date. They've been putting out some pretty cool videos to showcase their progress. The link below goes to 6:20 on their latest Terraria video and shows an updated lava flow mechanic. I don't know if it's as cool as PC is, since I can't compare directly and they don't play with it much, but it's something at least. :)

Part of the liquid mechanics were revamped from the original blocky style in 1.3.0, that's what you're seeing in that video. The wave/ripple effects which came later on PC also seem to be coming later on console. You can see the differences here.

I wonder if we will be told when it's going through Cert or only once Microsoft and Sony have given the green light...

Either way I'm ecstatic to finally play 1.3.

I wonder if we will be told when it's going through Cert or only once Microsoft and Sony have given the green light...

Either way I'm ecstatic to finally play 1.3.
In the past, there's been an official post made when a release or patch has been submitted to certification. I don't know if they plan to do it this time, but hopefully so.

I recommend following Pipeworks on Youtube to help stay up to date.

I already am, I watch every video they upload, just waiting for the video Titled "1.3 in cert testing" or something along those lines :)

They've been putting out some pretty cool videos to showcase their progress.

I know, my favourite so far is the Martian Madness event showcase video, I didn't really enjoy the dye showcase video, I wished they used ultra bright torches to fully show the dyes colours, those disco balls didn't do the video any justice :)

Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks
Nice I hope you will have it done soon

Got four of each, gonna get more :joy:

I have a question for the devs. That is, is the 3ds going to get the 1.3 or 1.2 update?
[doublepost=1507200843,1507200560][/doublepost]Also stop bashing the devs coding is hard work and it takes some time. I should know I'm learning coding (I'm learning java)

I have a question for the devs. That is, is the 3ds going to get the 1.3 or 1.2 update?
[doublepost=1507200843,1507200560][/doublepost]Also stop bashing the devs coding is hard work and it takes some time. I should know I'm learning coding (I'm learning java)

I really dont think some peoplr understand how long a process it is. Sure, the big companies like.....actually, not sure if I can say other companies (just think of the devs behind the biggest game this year or something like that), anyway. They see these massive companies churn out games/updates in a small ish time frame (a new COD game every year as an example), but they dont consider the fact that the companies behind these games consist of massive teams of devs.

They then come over to these smaller companies with a much smaller development team and think "oh, these guys are just slow", not taking into consideration the differences in development team sizes.

Then there's just those who have no idea what coding is and how much of a pain it can be.

TL;DR, these guys arent a massive studio, and they arent making a movie. They are making an interactive game with a (I dont actually know the team size but I'm assuming its not massive) small team. It wont take them a month or 2 to completly recode the game, that is a fact.

I really dont think some peoplr understand how long a process it is. Sure, the big companies like.....actually, not sure if I can say other companies (just think of the devs behind the biggest game this year or something like that), anyway. They see these massive companies churn out games/updates in a small ish time frame (a new COD game every year as an example), but they dont consider the fact that the companies behind these games consist of massive teams of devs.

They then come over to these smaller companies with a much smaller development team and think "oh, these guys are just slow", not taking into consideration the differences in development team sizes.

Then there's just those who have no idea what coding is and how much of a pain it can be.

TL;DR, these guys arent a massive studio, and they arent making a movie. They are making an interactive game with a (I dont actually know the team size but I'm assuming its not massive) small team. It wont take them a month or 2 to completly recode the game, that is a fact.
Isn't terraria an indie game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom