1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by ClearConscious, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Aurora3500
Reason: Thread Purpose Served/New News about Console 1.3
Lock date: 16:02 09-12-2017
  1. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This thread is discussing the console (PS4/XB1) version, not mobile.

There are no details yet on specific device/OS version support for mobile.

2. TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman Steampunker

ok i'll just wait for the news:)

3. DAGDA333

DAGDA333 Terrarian

I recommend following Pipeworks on Youtube to help stay up to date. They've been putting out some pretty cool videos to showcase their progress. The link below goes to 6:20 on their latest Terraria video and shows an updated lava flow mechanic. I don't know if it's as cool as PC is, since I can't compare directly and they don't play with it much, but it's something at least. :)

Now to go farm a few more Ocram masks and trophies.

BattleDragon45 and Slendar_Hulk like this.
  4. Tunnel King

Part of the liquid mechanics were revamped from the original blocky style in 1.3.0, that's what you're seeing in that video. The wave/ripple effects which came later on PC also seem to be coming later on console. You can see the differences here.

DAGDA333 and SirPotatoGuy like this.
  5. BryanBNK

BryanBNK Terrarian

:< hah I feel like mobile is gonna be in Q2 2018 :'<

6. Twin1

Twin1 Terrarian

I wonder if we will be told when it's going through Cert or only once Microsoft and Sony have given the green light...

Either way I'm ecstatic to finally play 1.3.

7. Tunnel King

In the past, there's been an official post made when a release or patch has been submitted to certification. I don't know if they plan to do it this time, but hopefully so.

GoldenTerrabyte, InstaFiz and Twin1 like this.
  8. Running with scissors

Running with scissors Skeletron Prime

Will NPCs fight like in PC?

9. ReusableLime20

ReusableLime20 Slime Collector

Yeah, that was in the original 1.3 update. Look here. It's first on the list of changes.

10. Running with scissors

Running with scissors Skeletron Prime

I couldn't tell if the NPC where fighting in the Martian Madness event form pipeworks YouTube

11. ReusableLime20

ReusableLime20 Slime Collector

Yeah, at around 3:30 you can see the nurse stop and heal herself.

Running with scissors likes this.
  12. MBraderz

MBraderz Skeletron Prime

I already am, I watch every video they upload, just waiting for the video Titled "1.3 in cert testing" or something along those lines :)

I know, my favourite so far is the Martian Madness event showcase video, I didn't really enjoy the dye showcase video, I wished they used ultra bright torches to fully show the dyes colours, those disco balls didn't do the video any justice :)

13. Godzilla9877

Godzilla9877 Terrarian

Nice I hope you will have it done soon

Running with scissors likes this.
  14. Lord Crimson

Lord Crimson Skeletron Prime

Got four of each, gonna get more :joy:

15. WolfTheAlpha

WolfTheAlpha Terrarian

Last upload on youtube pipeworks said it "Might" be in 2 or 3 weeks might I hope so but it also might not

16. I have a question for the devs. That is, is the 3ds going to get the 1.3 or 1.2 update?
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 5, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 5, 2017 ---
    Also stop bashing the devs coding is hard work and it takes some time. I should know I'm learning coding (I'm learning java)

17. BONESAW214

BONESAW214 Spazmatism

it is not. Niether is Wii u, or any last gen console

18. N1NJ4W4RR10R

N1NJ4W4RR10R Terrarian

I really dont think some peoplr understand how long a process it is. Sure, the big companies like.....actually, not sure if I can say other companies (just think of the devs behind the biggest game this year or something like that), anyway. They see these massive companies churn out games/updates in a small ish time frame (a new COD game every year as an example), but they dont consider the fact that the companies behind these games consist of massive teams of devs.

They then come over to these smaller companies with a much smaller development team and think "oh, these guys are just slow", not taking into consideration the differences in development team sizes.

Then there's just those who have no idea what coding is and how much of a pain it can be.

TL;DR, these guys arent a massive studio, and they arent making a movie. They are making an interactive game with a (I dont actually know the team size but I'm assuming its not massive) small team. It wont take them a month or 2 to completly recode the game, that is a fact.

19. Octaverei

Octaverei Skeletron Prime

Isn't terraria an indie game?

20. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Sure is.

It is a vaild point, of course - we often joke internally about the 10-15 minute long credits for some games. Ours are... not that. ;)

That said, we do pretty well with our small team (PW's being bigger than ours but still small vs the megasize teams you see on AAAs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.