Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a vaild point, of course - we often joke internally about the 10-15 minute long credits for some games. Ours are... not that. ;)
making fun of all the good games huh ;)
That said, we do pretty well with our small team (PW's being bigger than ours but still small vs the megasize teams you see on AAAs)
you do quite well considering your working an PC and console updates with such a small team

Just keep me posted on the updates, and you can take till November as far as I am concerned.
It is a vaild point, of course - we often joke internally about the 10-15 minute long credits for some games. Ours are... not that. ;)
Where are your credits? I don't recall ever seeing them.

Only on Console and Mobile at the moment.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

I looked at this once, and didn't see Leinfors, and I was like::eek: but then I looked again and he was right up there. And I know Redigit is the creator, but he appears in a lot of places, compared to the rest. And honestly, for the game not having a huge staff, it's still one of the best games I've ever played, and I hope Otherworld is even better!

I looked at this once, and didn't see Leinfors, and I was like::eek: but then I looked again and he was right up there. And I know Redigit is the creator, but he appears in a lot of places, compared to the rest. And honestly, for the game not having a huge staff, it's still one of the best games I've ever played, and I hope Otherworld is even better!
Terraria is definitely at the top of it's genre (sandbox, arcade, pixelated, or whatever else you classify games as these days) if not the top of all games. Indie games often win my heart, terraria and the escapists among many others

Terraria is definitely at the top of it's genre (sandbox, arcade, pixelated, or whatever else you classify games as these days) if not the top of all games. Indie games often win my heart, terraria and the escapists among many others
Yes! The escapists is the best! (After Terraria of course... don't hurt me)

I like your signature BTW.

let's hope terraria and otherworld follow the pattern the escapists took (original had those old school graphics and awesome gameplay, the secaond one had amazing graphics, gameplay, battle engine and so much more :D)
Yeah, that would be pretty cool to see. It would look like the first one was proof of concept with bad(relatively) graphics, then improved a thousandfold.

Edit: Keep up the AMAZING work, Re-Logic and Pipeworks!

I have a few questions regarding this delay. Will the Switch version still be estimated to come out in the few months left of this year? Also, regarding the UI of the game, why is it displayed at 720p, whereas the rest of the game is displayed at 1080p? This seems a bit strange to me, no idea why this would be done, as I believe it would make sense to have the UI and the game itself displayed at the same zoom, or resolution, if you will. Also, is touchscreen support being considered for the Switch version?

I have a few questions regarding this delay. Will the Switch version still be estimated to come out in the few months left of this year? Also, regarding the UI of the game, why is it displayed at 720p, whereas the rest of the game is displayed at 1080p? This seems a bit strange to me, no idea why this would be done, as I believe it would make sense to have the UI and the game itself displayed at the same zoom, or resolution, if you will. Also, is touchscreen support being considered for the Switch version?

:sigh:

Switch Version will be discussed later, they haven't considered much about it yet, they have their hands full with Console right now.

Have a question I haven't seen asked yet regarding the new update, not sure if anyone can answer it, its a very specific question. Since Pipeworks is using the 1.3.0.7 update as their base, I'm assuming we will be having medusa spawn pre-hardmode just like she used to on PC? Or are they opting to make her hardmode only like in the later patches? Just curious.

Thank you to anyone who responds to this.

Last edited:
Have a question I haven't seen asked yet regarding the new update, not sure if anyone can answer it, its a very specific question. Since Pipeworks is using the 1.3.0.7 update as their base, I'm assuming we will be having medusa spawn pre-hardmode just like she used to on console? Or are they opting to make her hardmode only like in the later patches? Just curious.

Yes, medusa will most likely be pre- hard mode. Unless they want to make the changes from 1.3.1 and beyond that change balance,

Yes, medusa will most likely be pre- hard mode. Unless they want to make the changes from 1.3.1 and beyond that change balance,
Yes, unless no, isn't an answer now is it? Best to leave such questions to the mods or at least members that are on multiple times a day.
Have a question I haven't seen asked yet regarding the new update, not sure if anyone can answer it, its a very specific question. Since Pipeworks is using the 1.3.0.7 update as their base, I'm assuming we will be having medusa spawn pre-hardmode just like she used to on console? Or are they opting to make her hardmode only like in the later patches? Just curious.

Various members and mods have confirmed that the update we're getting is 1.3.0.7 in which case we should safely assume that whatever is stated in the 1.3.0.7 changelog is what we're getting.... in spring 2018 :^)

Unless they want to make the changes from 1.3.1 and beyond that change balance
Too bad it probably won't... normally for the Terraria ports they don't include content from more than one update. None of the other updates should have a wait even close to his length. Keep in mind 1.3 was the biggest terraria MCU to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom