Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, Terrarians!

Understandably, we’ve been getting a lot of questions regarding the upcoming console release of 1.3 and wanted to provide an update.

Currently we are working through the final issues/bug list from Re-Logic and Pipeworks QA – as well as any final bits that we need to resolve for Sony and Microsoft certification submission. Parallel to that, we are putting the final touches on optimization and performance for split-screen multiplayer. It has been a challenge getting the authentic PC experience to feel just right in this important format, but we are nearly done there.

Keep in mind that for a game of this scale we need to ensure that the game is properly screened by QA prior to us submitting the update for certification, we don’t want to rush and sacrifice quality for the sake of getting it out sooner. We are hoping to be able to submit for certification in the next few weeks, though there is a good chance this will take a bit longer. That said, we can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this should give you a better idea of where the team is currently at. We hope to have additional information with a more solidified date soon – we just need to see how things progress on the final list before we can do so. Of course, if you have any questions feel free to let us know.

Thanks,
The Terraria Team at Pipeworks

Slightly pissed that I've been waiting for 2 :red:in years gta 6 will be out before this

Too bad it probably won't... normally for the Terraria ports they don't include content from more than one update. None of the other updates should have a wait even close to his length. Keep in mind 1.3 was the biggest terraria MCU to date.
Would have been nice since we’ve waited so long for this

If you want something to do while waiting for the update, you can join my community on ps4. It is called "Lord Crimson's Terraria 1.3 Prep"

Hope to see you in the community :joy:

Slightly pissed that I've been waiting for 2 :red:in years gta 6 will be out before this
I can see where your coming from, but they have been working as hard as they can. They had to remake the entire game from scratch in about a year, you should try to understand their position in this update. I guarantee that the majority of updates after this will come much faster than they ever did with Engine Software in charge.

on the 8th day of waiting for console 1.3 updatemas Pipeworks gave to me even more waiting...
on the 31st day of waiting for console 1.3 updatemas Pipeworks gave to me cert testing
on the 1st day of year 2341 of waiting for console 1.3 updatemas Pipeworks gave to me the super delayed i cant believe humanity still exists after this console 1.3 update for all the superintelligent ai that exists and is our overlords at this point #Terrarianated ps also Half-Life 3

First off, I'm just curious. Do you guys have games other them terraria to play. Not trying to be that guy or anything but there are other games, if you are bored with terraria and you're just holding out for 1.3 doing meaningless stuff maybe take a break, play some other games while you wait. Will keep you from getting to bored and make sure you dont get burnt out from terraria.

Isn't terraria an indie game?

It is? I did not realise that actually.

Well, suppose that just makes the argument that bit more valid then.

By the way, the people behind this are legends :happy:

PC had to wait nearly two years for 1.3, so really the time frame isn't that different.

Plus, the devs making this update arent just making 1.3, they are recreating the game. That takes time.

I really hope I havent managed to stuff that up....that'd be a bit embarassing ;)

First off, I'm just curious. Do you guys have games other them terraria to play. Not trying to be that guy or anything but there are other games, if you are bored with terraria and you're just holding out for 1.3 doing meaningless stuff maybe take a break, play some other games while you wait. Will keep you from getting to bored and make sure you dont get burnt out from terraria.

It is? I did not realise that actually.

Well, suppose that just makes the argument that bit more valid then.

By the way, the people behind this are legends :happy:

Plus, the devs making this update arent just making 1.3, they are recreating the game. That takes time.

I really hope I havent managed to stuff that up....that'd be a bit embarassing ;)

Why would having other games to play be relevent to this games delay? Folks are upset because of terraria being delayed over and over. Of course there are other options. That doesnt take away from terraria being over 3 months late if you took the q2 release to mean the end of q2, or over 6 months late if you took it to mean the beginning of q2. I'm sure folks have alot of other options available. If you went to a restaurant and payed in advance for a steak, would you ignore the fact that it never arrived, simply because they put breadsticks on the table for you to snack on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom