Official Let's hear your forum improvements!

I think we should get something where a thread being merged into another thread wouldn't break alerts from the thread for people who haven't read the other thread.

I think we should get something where a thread being merged into another thread wouldn't break alerts from the thread for people who haven't read the other thread.
Can you give me an example, I haven't experienced any problem with this.

Basically, when a thread with unread messages is merged into another thread, there is no alert given to the people watching that thread, and those messages of course remain unread, which, threads with unread messages don't give alerts when people post in them (Which only makes sense, otherwise people would get flooded with alerts.) unless those posts specifically ping or quote the user.

Basically, when a thread with unread messages is merged into another thread, there is no alert given to the people watching that thread, and those messages of course remain unread, which, threads with unread messages don't give alerts when people post in them (Which only makes sense, otherwise people would get flooded with alerts.) unless those posts specifically ping or quote the user.
Hmm, I see. I'll have to do some testing and see.

Is it possible to ignore a whole forum section, so they don't show up in the latest posts?

There has been a certain section that has spiked in activity lately (say, Game Suggestions) and I think I get worked up a little too much from it.

Is it possible to ignore a whole forum section, so they don't show up in the latest posts?

There has been a certain section that has spiked in activity lately (say, Game Suggestions) and I think I get worked up a little too much from it.
I'll send you a PM about it. :)

Hello Terrarians, here is another quick update...

NEWS FEED & LATEST ACTIVITY
We heard from quite a few of you that the News Feed (a feed that includes only people you follow), and the Latest Activity (a feed that includes all members) could benefit from a change, specifically if the reactions were excluded from this list, so that you could see more of the actual content that was posted, and I'm happy to say that we are trying out that new function starting today.

Ideally, it would have included a toggle - to show reactions or not - but we are limited to them either being off or on, and I'm hopeful that the benefits of having more actual content in the feeds outweighs the fact that we can't toggle it.

Along with that, there is now the ability for live updates - the feeds update live as new content is created - and, you can scroll farther down before having to hit the "Show older items" button.

1692751607100.png

We love to hear your thoughtful feedback. Please know, friends, that any changes we make are with the community in mind. You love Terraria, we love Terraria, we want this to be a great place for all of us. I know that we can't please all of the people all of the time, it's simply not possible. With that in mind, it's my hope that you'll take a few laps with these feed changes first, kick the tires, take some time to experiment, and when you have feedback that can help, we'll be here.

We haven't forgotten some of the other improvement suggestions that were mentioned here, and we are looking through them with a lens of what could help the community and forums as a whole. Some aren't feasible, but some may be feasible and are being looked into. :)

We heard from quite a few of you that the News Feed (a feed that includes only people you follow), and the Latest Activity (a feed that includes all members) could benefit from a change, specifically if the reactions were excluded from this list, so that you could see more of the actual content that was posted, and I'm happy to say that we are trying out that new function starting today.

Ideally, it would have included a toggle - to show reactions or not - but we are limited to them either being off or on, and I'm hopeful that the benefits of having more actual content in the feeds outweighs the fact that we can't toggle it.

Along with that, there is now the ability for live updates - the feeds update live as new content is created - and, you can scroll farther down before having to hit the "Show older items" button.

We love to hear your thoughtful feedback. Please know, friends, that any changes we make are with the community in mind. You love Terraria, we love Terraria, we want this to be a great place for all of us. I know that we can't please all of the people all of the time, it's simply not possible. With that in mind, it's my hope that you'll take a few laps with these feed changes first, kick the tires, take some time to experiment, and when you have feedback that can help, we'll be here.

We haven't forgotten some of the other improvement suggestions that were mentioned here, and we are looking through them with a lens of what could help the community and forums as a whole. Some aren't feasible, but some may be feasible and are being looked into. :)
I love this change! Thanks a ton!

Sounds like an upgrade, Sad that the toggle can’t be implemented but still glad I can see more discussion now

I think this thread should be used when a forum update happens and feedback on it

Has any progress been made on emotes for more NPCs?

Given that the current ones were made by Jestex (RIP :( ) - we have no route to create them in the same style. We do not have artist bandwidth internally to do so either. (Focused on the update).

If someone wants to give a shot on faithfully recreating the style, we can take a look? :)

Sorry if I'm necroposting a bit, but I think there should be a "general help" section added to where the general talk and suggestions threads are. This essentially allows us to ask for help like the ones specific to PC/Console/Mobile but without said specific-ness (specificity?), i.e. general help with the game but one that is "universal"/does not cater to specific device types
Though, this might already be a thing somewhere and I'm just blind:confused:

Terrarians, we have another update for you! I didn't think that this one would come so quickly after our last update, but who is going to look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

PIN PROFILE POSTS TO YOUR PROFILE
Our latest improvement that we think a lot of you will come to like immensely is the ability to pin your own post on your profile. If you ever wanted to sticky one of your own posts to appear at the top of your profile, we've made it happen. You'll see a "stick profile post" button option now, and you are able to have three pinned posts. Unstick them at any time you want.

Pro-tip: After you hit the "stick profile post" button, and it says "your changes have been saved", do a Refresh of the page to see the changes. :merchantwink:

Terrarians, we have another update for you! I didn't think that this one would come so quickly after our last update, but who is going to look a gift horse in the mouth, right?

Our latest improvement that we think a lot of you will come to like immensely is the ability to pin your own post on your profile. If you ever wanted to sticky one of your own posts to appear at the top of your profile, we've made it happen. You'll see a "stick profile post" button option now, and you are able to have three pinned posts. Unstick them at any time you want.

Pro-tip: After you hit the "stick profile post" button, and it says "your changes have been saved", do a Refresh of the page to see the changes. :merchantwink:
the prophecy hath been fulfilled!
we can now pin profile posts!

Good thing if you want to anncounce absencies, e. g. "On Vacation until ..."

never thought of pinned profile posts before but that sounds amazing. Definitely going to have fun creating my pinned post

Back
Top Bottom