1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

[Sprites] The Torment - A world of death!

Discussion in 'Biomes & Nature' started by Vikri, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Vikri

Vikri Plantera

UPDATE TIME!
    Added loads of stuff. What are you waiting for? Look at my stuff, NOW!
    UPCOMING STUFF!
    Tombstone Stuff
    Mob Banners
    More Stuff
    Support Stuff
    Fancy Stuff
    Good stuff
    Lovable stuff
    HUGE stuff
    small stuff

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. AntithesisEK

AntithesisEK Golem

I think, firstly, the biggest compliment I can offer for the entire concept is that I really like how it all looks. The colors are positively lurid, giving some vibrancy to otherwise to a very, very dead environment. Euthanasia is such a cash design, I want one in game~!

The enemies are fairly gruesome with their 'wasting-away yet never dying' aesthetic and I'm glad you tried to invent several unique abilities for them, such as Tormentors behaving like parasites, that's unusual!

I also really enjoy that you did decide to use the aesthetics of torture devices. The Wheel, for example, is a very simple idea but it's so perfect thematically.

Now I am noticing some redundancies. Horrite Armor is Shroomite lite, right? But is it a ranger set or neutral / classless like Crimson? I think something mobility (phase shift?) or electricity based would be more apt.

Necrim is pretty rad. However, I feel like Skeletron and Necrim parallel a little too close. Necrim's ability and AI action table eclipse the boss that's supposed to be stronger and generally (since progression is so loose) after you go through a tormented Graveyard.

Now is Termination a melee or magic weapon? If it's melee then I think it has a bit too much in common with the Death Sickle, even though the projectiles are homing. If it's magic, then that's fine. I would like to see more use of Lightning though. Perhaps a single-summon weapon drop like the Frost Hydra? ...The Electrocutioner :naughty:

3. Vikri

Vikri Plantera

This isnt a new problem. Just look at his attacks: Waving his arms around and occasionally spinning. Pretty boring, right? He could really use a revamp.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Goomy and AntithesisEK like this.
  4. Vikri

Vikri Plantera

Horrite armor has gotten a really cool (IMO) new and interesting set bonus! Hope its better! BTW Termination is changed too!

AntithesisEK likes this.
  5. Nutella Fairy

Nutella Fairy Skeletron Prime

The name Euthinasia doesn't fit, because you aren't killing enemies out of mercy, you're killing them for progression.

Vikri likes this.
  6. Brick Creeper

Brick Creeper Skeletron Prime

I don't think it's supposed to fit, it's just a name :p

Vikri likes this.
  7. Vikri

Vikri Plantera

Just like how im about to kill you for fairy dust!:p Terraria is a game about killing animals mercylessly, thats just how it is.

Brick Creeper likes this.
  8. Nutella Fairy

Nutella Fairy Skeletron Prime

Euthenasia- the act of killing someone to end their suffering.

9. Vikri

Vikri Plantera

The creatures of the torment are animals reanimated and tortured until theyre as crazy as the rest. I hope that makes sense.;)

Nutella Fairy and Brick Creeper like this.
  10. Bounty_

Bounty_ Spazmatism

You could make them ghastly wings (close enough right?).

Love this idea! And support it.

What about a bow? crimson and corruption have bows shouldn't the torment have one? Though there are special arrows what if the bow always shot them? (turns any suitable ammo into tainted arrows).

Vikri likes this.
  11. DatPedro

DatPedro Skeletron

Good idea! I principally love the deathstrider. Reference from LotR and Darksiders

Vikri likes this.
  12. NoSoap

NoSoap Eye of Cthulhu

Looking pretty dank amazing. Could use some tweak here and there, such as the biome structure and names. I got nothing better tho. Overall, it's nice.

Vikri likes this.
  13. MinieK

MinieK Plantera

You can't believe how much I love this idea. Great job!
    Banner will be equipped soon!

Vikri likes this.
  14. Goomy

Goomy Skeletron Prime

Vikri likes this.
  15. Gex004

Gex004 Skeletron

Duuuuuuuuuuude somebody plz make a mod for this guys suggestions.
    I would make one myself but...
    I won't.

Vikri likes this.
  16. MinieK

MinieK Plantera

Haha, I can see hidden references! (I'm a metalhead)
    - the Iron Maiden - (Iron Maiden is a heavy metal band)
    - Black Ice - (Black Ice - Ac/Dc)

I don't know if it was meant to be like this, but I see it.

17. M the Mister

M the Mister Retinazer

Wow niceeee I really like the deathstrider and possessed saddle :)

18. Gex004

Gex004 Skeletron

Suggestion! : change the ridable deathstriders name to "despair" it fits the theme also its a referance to one of the four horsemen. (despair is the horse death rides) and when i say horsemen i mean darksiders horsemen not Bible apocalypse horsemen.

19. Darklordofhell

Darklordofhell Terrarian

Pretty cool idea. I would love to see this added. This goes for almost every alternate biome suggestions, though.

20. Brick Creeper

Brick Creeper Skeletron Prime

I love the revamp you gave it! Can't wait to see what else you do. :)