Console 1.3: A Progress Update on the Road to Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty I quit caring about terraria with all the delays and bugs anyways. If this update never gets released it will be no skin off my :red:. Personally I don't set estimates on my completion time unless I know for fact that I will hit the mark with a product I would be proud to put my name on. The key to success is to overestimate the time a bit to allow for leigh way. Either you finish on time or early and who isn't happy if you finish early.

Going based on your current track record I would say this update won't be ready till mid to late q1 of next year. Simply because there would be absolutely no point in trying to compete with the influx of triple a titles around this time of year. With an already outdated game and most players having moved onto something else I feel it would be difficult for them to justify a q4 launch when most people will be looking for a new game rather than an update with 2 year old content.

Using this logic I forsee a q1 2018 release.
Q1 2018 isn't that far away though, it's not too bad

If it's even been submitted yet. There's no policy against announcing that and they have yet to say anything about it. I think it's still in the bugs fix and development stage still.

Yes, they will announce when it's been submitted, they/Re-Logic Employees have stated this. It is still in-dev at the moment.

"Heads up: We won't be doing a stream tomorrow, but we will have a video showing off some 1.3 footage to hold you over! Check back tomorrow for the link."

(Pipeworks @ Twitter)

Edit: I see the video link is now up... a showcase of expert mode.

Last edited:
"Heads up: We won't be doing a stream tomorrow, but we will have a video showing off some 1.3 footage to hold you over! Check back tomorrow for the link."

(Pipeworks @ Twitter)

Edit: I see the video link is now up... a showcase of expert mode.
They also made a comment on that video saying:
“We're having discussions currently about a possible release date. We aren't avoiding the question, but we want to ensure we're giving out accurate information.”

On the Pipeworks YouTube broadcasts, they mentioned that it will be 1.3.0.7, but with components of later versions too. I was hoping someone could tell me if any of the following will be included:

1. Teal pressure plates
2. Conveyor belts
3. Ability to use items on mounts & minecarts
4. Ability to place items such as pressure plates and rockets on hoik blocks

Thanks.

On the Pipeworks YouTube broadcasts, they mentioned that it will be 1.3.0.7, but with components of later versions too. I was hoping someone could tell me if any of the following will be included:

1. Teal pressure plates
2. Conveyor belts

Thanks.

Let's just wait for any 1.3 console version first. The mobile users are also complaining and they are hoping for a speedy incoming update after console 1.3 appears. I am waiting for the Nintendo Switch version.

We all have our needs and Pipeworks obviously has their hands full already and hasn't been able to deliver yet... wonder what the future brings after they finally release 1.3 console.

1. Teal pressure plates
2. Conveyor belts

Thanks.
Those should be included, especially the using items on mounts, they really pisses me off. Sry for language.

It’s kind of funny how long we have waited for this update. It was originally announced almost a year ago and has kept me playing the game in preparation for 1.3. Honestly I don’t mind the delay; as long as Pipeworks releases a confirmed release date, I’ll be fine.

Last edited:
...and has kept me playing the game in preparation for 1.3.
I agree with your statement, except that for me, I am not playing as often so that I won't be too bored by the time 1.3 comes out (since I have it on PC and it's not really new for me).

2017, 2018, 2020, 2100, 2341, i think we may get replicators and starships before terraria reaches 1.5 on console by that time some lowly ensign could code in matrix style binary and make the game interactive in 3d with holo-emitters and our holodecks would be filled with ancient earth games such as the old ancient earth tradition of minceraft and hulo 10 and :red: creed 20 origins deluxe gold edition by ubersoft with season pass included;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom