Console Very Important Information Regarding Latest Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

505Games

Publisher/Developer
Staff member
505 Games
Good afternoon everyone.

We are aware of an important issue that requires the attention of all console Terrarians.

With the latest update, a bug was introduced that converts console exclusive armor left on mannequins into Christmas vanity outfits. This applies to armor on mannequins at the time of the user updating as well as any exclusive armor added to a mannequin after the update.

A patch to fix this and some other issues is being fast tracked and is well underway. That said, until you hear from us that the fix is available

Please do not place console exclusive armor on any mannequin!

-----​
IMPORTANT UPDATE (December 19, 2014)
The console armor/mannequin bug only occurs if a player loads a savegame that was created in a pre-christmas patch build into a game running the post-christmas patch build. So if you have the christmas patch installed and then put armor on mannequins, nothing will happen.

What that means is that the warning in this thread is a bit more specific based upon what we know now:

Do not load worlds that were created in older (pre-Christmas update) builds in which you have console armor on mannequins into the christmas patch build. If players want to do that, they should first remove the armor from the mannequins, then apply the christmas patch, then load the world again. It should then be safe to put armor on mannequins in that world.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

-----​

We are not sure what - if any - fixes will be available for anyone already affected, but we will look into it.

We deeply and sincerely apologize for this - and to anyone adversely affected by this bug. We understand this will be frustrating and that losing hard-won gear is never a pleasant experience.

Thanks, and stay tuned for further information.

Last edited:
I got my armor in chests mere minutes before I got the update lol.
But let this be a lesson for people who are begging for updates to be released as soon as all the features are coded in. Engine and 505 still have to fix the bugs unless you want a broken game. Or all of your armor changed into parka vanity clothes.

EDIT: Third!
(sorry, i had too)

I don't want to be a complainer. In fact I'm not really complaining, since I don't use the console or mobile versions. Even though suggestions like these tend to come off as complaints. But I'm really, really just trying to be helpful. Really.

So: If 505 just recruited a few avid players as beta testers, it would save players and 505 several headaches. There are bound to be bugs in any update that you won't catch just via internal testing. The period of time you spend scrambling to hotfix would be so much less stressful if you converted it to a beta testing period, and it would be great for PR.

At any rate, thanks for proactively publicizing this important warning for console players, and for the update!

I haven't started up the game on console yet since the update, and I'm kind of happy for that now. When I updated to 1.2, my Spectral Armor on a mannequin was changed to Frost Armor, so I've experienced something similar.

So: If 505 just recruited a few avid players as beta testers, it would save players and 505 several headaches. There are bound to be bugs in any update that you won't catch just via internal testing. The period of time you spend scrambling to hotfix would be so much less stressful if you converted it to a beta testing period, and it would be great for PR.

There are, unfortunately, 3 different reasons that is an issue.

1: Sony and Microsoft issue the testers assigned to the game. That means 505 and Engine are not allowed to pick people to test the game for them, as they are assigned people who test multiple games on a daily basis as their jobs.

2: Long periods of testing are non-economical for 505. Terraria is not the only game that they publish, and due to that, do not use all of their alloted resources into just this game.

3. Andrew has a very different type of coding style than Rudi and his team, let alone, Engine codes in 4 different languages, including other games entirely. Like I said, they have limited resources, and due to that, would still be buggy regardless.

Well atleast its been found. Glad i never got past the EoC :D. And to anyone worrying there head off: dont they'l fix it and probable find a way to get it back or you.

Why dont you just get Engine to replace all the dev armour/item IDs with console exclusive stuff first. Replace Red's set with Dragon for example. Those item IDs are going to waste in the console version, and every update, the console exclusive IDs get moved around again.

Why dont you just get Engine to replace all the dev armour/item IDs with console exclusive stuff first. Replace Red's set with Dragon for example. Those item IDs are going to waste in the console version, and every update, the console exclusive IDs get moved around again.
I agree even thought i haven't goten to get to hard mode yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom